Monday, August 11, 2008

I like it

There are a lot of ways to kill time, http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/ is a great one. I might throw one of these up from time to time for your viewing pleasure.

I like this one. Its true and I fall into this category. I mean, I am a “younger urban white folk, who asolutely love their fixed gear”!
I have withheld all my bike related topics thus far... but im sure they will come out soon, as bikes are a pretty big deal, I do love my fixed gear. I ride to work every day and I also get in some rides on the weekend and even do an Alley Cat race here or there.
I would like to clarity one thing. NO Spandex, ever, period. Whether its to work, a race, the Seattle to Portland 200 mile ride or even the Hotter than Hell century ride in Texas in August, no spandex. There will probably be more to come on my disdain any and all Lycra related outer wear.
Summer In the City - All Girl Alley Cat

And if you were one of the girls who competed in the Summer in the City – All girl alley cat this weekend, congrats! It was awesome to see so many girls out there, competing with and helping out each other, all at the same time!
It was roughly 20 miles start to finish and I know there where some challenging checkpoints. One involving either copious amount of sun screen or jumpin in the lake.
I know a lot of guys would would not have opted for the water, but that didn't seem to stop the girls! Guess in the long run it didn't matter because once the pouring rain started everyone was soaked anyway! That didn't seem to slow down the ladies one bit... they rocked it. See more here.
Here to EVERYONE who took full advantage of the weekend, got out of their comfort zone, went bigger, harder, further, faster or better than they have before.

No comments: