Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Roll with the change

Clear, sunny, cold, morning. Fall isn’t around the corner, it has rounded the corner... and it is setting up for a nice long stay.

For the past few months riding to work has only required a t-shirt and on occasion arm warmers:But this morning needed a full on hoodie. As I got ready to leave the house I looked at the thermometer to see it was a surprising 47 degrees out side. Forecast for this week: more of the same, with a chance of rain. Expect the exact same for the next, oh, about...eight months. Things might change a little bit, chance of rain will become chance of sun, and the low temperature now, will become the high.

Season seem to mark change, of course in the weather, but also in our lives, in our day to day routines. Whether it’s for the better or worse, and no matter which side of it you’re on, there is someone else who feels just the opposite. And more importantly, there is not thing you can do about it. But give it enough time and things will change again and then again.

The fall reminds me of going back to school, football and extra layers, rainy days in front of the TV. I like the crisp mornings. I like shedding layers after a long ride. I like change. But most of all... I like snowboarding... We’re one step closer to winter!

No comments: